Challenge Accepted! Thank you Laurie Notaro for the post:
List 12 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take more than a few minutes and don’t think too hard. They do not have to be the “right books” or great works of literature, just ones that have stuck with you in some way.
Mrs. Crumpett’s List:
1. Mrs. Mike by Benedict and Nancy Freedman
2. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
3. The Call of the Wild by Jack London
4. Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince by J.K. Rowling
5. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
6. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
7. Persuasion by Jane Austen
8. Daniel’s Story by Carol Matas
9. Let the Hurricane Roar/Young Pioneers by Rose Wilder Lane
10. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
11. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
12. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
I also highly recommend any of Laurie’s books — my favorite is “I Love Everybody (and Other Atrocious Lies)”.